Type 2 Diabetic Friendly Food
Quick and easy to make.
Fresh English Pea Salad with Mint and Pecorino
This simple salad boasts plenty of early summer flavor. You can substitute crumbled feta cheese for the pecorino. If you can’t find fresh peas, use frozen thawed petite green peas.
Cooking Light JUNE 2006
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup salad and 1 tablespoon cheese)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled)
- 6 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add peas; cook 1 minute. Drain and plunge peas into ice water; drain.
Combine peas, arugula, and mint in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.