Reversing Type 2 Diabetes, Losing Weight and Saving Money
Lose weight, lose diabetes, save money
Yesterday evening the Charming Mrs. SWMBO and I went grocery shopping. I looking the foods to get and to avoid for my daily plan for reversing type 2 diabetes. She was looking at the prices, as in cutting the budget.
They two views are happily very complimentary
I am the one normally who goes grocery shopping but we as of yesterday we were out of just about everything and decided to make Kroger a date destination.
Nothing says romance like a stroll down the wide, will lit isles of our local Kroger.
As we were going down the meat isle, she formulated a broad meal plan right there and then. Weekdays will be largely vegetarian. Meat costs too much she thinks and we will save it for the weekends.
I didn’t think prices were that bad. Kroger’s had a couple of good sales going, but I love it when a plan comes together, improvised as it was.
Lots of bean and whole grains, which is very Mediterranean Diet and diet plan recommend for both weight loss and reversing type 2 diabetes. Works for me. Tastes good, too.
- Fasting Blood Glucose Level: 97 mg/dl
- Weight: 187 lbs.
- Exercise: 45 minutes
- Mood: 7.5
- Breakfast: Oatmeal and craisins infused with apple, cinnamon herbal tea.
- Lunch: A hot dog and a peach. The hot dog cost a whole dollar and the dollar goes to helps buy schools supplies. Heck of a deal.
- Dinner: Blackbean Smothered Sweet Potatoe Fast and easy to make. Tasty, too.
- Snacks: A small handful of almonds and a few dried apricots.
- Diabetes Causes Get Funky and Kids Need More Fiber (skinnydaveproject.blogspot.com)