What I Did Today to Control My Type 2 Diabetes Today
Splurging Sensibly on Sensible Splurge Friday
Will your type 2 diabetes every heal itself? Yes, if you work at it and make the fixes part of your life.
Just take care of it. Listen your doctor, Listen to your licensed diabetic and listen to your common sense.
Lose weight, exercise, make sure you take your medicine if its prescribed for you.
I start every morning by testing my blood glucose. The reading can make or break my morning. It’s my daily report card.
Like a grade from a mercurial teacher, my daily reading can thrilling or frustrating. When I think I have done everything right, I get a high number. When I expect a high number I get a low number. Do I have an answer. Yes. This is a bugger of condition, but it is beatable and controllable with time and patience. Sometime patience is the hardest part.
- Fasting Blood Glucose Level: 101 mg/dl. Missed it by that much.
- Weight: 187 lbs.
- Exercise: None. Still wait for knee and elbow scrapes to heal enough not to bleed.
- Mood: 7.5. The good, Tex-Mex tonight. The bad, slow healing.
- Breakfast: The usual morning medley of fruit and oatmeal.
- Lunch: Leftover red bean sauce over vegetables and slathered up with hot sauce.
- Dinner: Tex-Mex, sensibly. Probably grilled chicken and vegetables.
- Snacks: None.